Hotel SERCOTEL CARLOS III, invite you a journey through the Spanish naval history of the last 3000 years.
We propose the following plan:
Day 1: After arrival at the hotel, take a pleasant walk enjoying the modernist buildings scattered around the historic center of Cartagena. The most outstanding are: The Consistorial Palace, Cervantes House, Casino, Casa Llagostera, Gran Hotel, Maestre House and the Palace of Aguirre.
In this direction we have made a route with Google Maps so you do not miss anything https://mapsengine.google.com/map/u/0/edit?mid=zopetIKOcDgA.kDSmVpc4ZLEA
- Day 2: Taking a walk from the hotel, we will start visiting the Naval Museum of Cartagena, a tour of Spanish naval history and where you can see the famous Peral submarine. A few meters, you will embark on the tourist catamaran (*) that will take you across the bay of Cartagena, having a stop at the Christmas Fort, defensive fortress with origin in the XVII century, which has protected the mouth of the Port of Cartagena until the middle of S XX. Back on land, get ready to discover the Treasures of the National Museum of Underwater Archeology, ARQUA, rescued from the bottom of the sea from shipwrecks since more than 3,000 years ago. One stands out above the others: The Treasury of N.S. de las Mercedes, plundered by the American company Odyssey and happily recovered by the Spanish state. End the day in one of the most important defensive points of Cartagena throughout its history and, now, the most impressive viewpoint of the city: the Castillo de la Concepción. Access by a panoramic elevator to the lower part of the castle and taking a pleasant walk among gardens and peacocks will reach it. It has a tour through the medieval history of the city and the best views of all of Cartagena.
Here is another route from Google Maps so you do not miss anything https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zopetIKOcDgA.kC1A4xRKOakw
(*) The catamaran is not available in January and February
- Day 3: Take advantage of this day to discover other treasures of Cartagena such as the Roman Theater, the Barrio del Foro Romano, the Mining Park of La Union, Cabo de Palos, etc ... Return home.
Where to eat: Through the historic center of Cartagena, you have dozens of options for a drink. For tapas, La Uva Jumillana, La Fuente, El Barril, La Mejillonera ... If you want a restaurant, we recommend La Catedral, El Barrio de San Roque, La Marquesita ...
And for a drink, through the center of Cartagena you have many options: El Telar, Las Casas del Rey, Mister Witt, SuperBar, El Escenario ...
The offer includes:
- Stay in the selected room
- Bed and Breakfast Buffet
- Tickets to Naval Museum, Tourist Boat, Christmas Fort, Panoramic Lift, Castillo de la Concepción.
Termes et conditions:
- Minimum two nighst stay
- Offer valid from Tuesday to Sunday
- The Tourist Boat does not operate in January and February.
- Children up to 12 years old Free! (sharing room with adults)
- This offer is subject to a certain number of rooms, so the non-availability does not give the right to claim.
- Offer not cumulative.
- Bookable offer via web